In this SurveykshaN, participants were asked to select up to 15 film albums composed by Anil Biswas for a desert island scenario. In addition, they could also optionally select 15 songs (exclusive to the selected albums).
Tarana turned out to be an overwhelming favorite selected by about 84% participants. Aaram was second with about 77% selections. At the third place, not far behind, was Anokha Pyar with 70% selections.
* Total Anil Biswas movies (included in the survey): 88
* Number of movies selected by at least one participant: 44 (50%)
The selections are interestingly divided. Whereas over 2/3rd participants agreed on three particular albums, most of them differed on the rest of the choices. Out of 44, only 15 movies were in over 25% participants desert island boxes. Also, only 5 albums were in the list of over 50% voters.
* Movies selected by...
Decade-wise, 50s clearly turned out to be the favorites. In the top-10 spots, 7 are from 50s, 2 from 40s and 1 from 60s.
* Number of movies selected from...
* Total voter selections of movies from...
* Top scorer movie was selected by: 26 (84%) participants
Abhay Jain, Abhay Phadnis, Aditya Pant, Afzal A. Khan, Ajay Divekar, Ajit Rajwade, Amarendra R Nargundkar, Anand, Arunabha, Ashok, Asif Alvi, Dr Durgaprasad Agrawal, Kalyan Kolachala, Ketan, M Ahmad, M V Devraj, Maajid Maqbool, Mahesh, Neha, Pavan Jha, Ritu Chandra, Sagar Chand Nahar, Sathya Sekar, Shalini Razdan, Shirish Koyal, Srinivas Ganti, Subrat Mohanty, Sukesh Hoogan, Surjit Singh, Vijay Kumar, Vinay
* Self-rating of participants with respect to Anil Biswas's music
* Number of movies selected by each participant
designed, created and maintained by vinay p jain. june 2009.