'The winner, as clear as it can be, is "Baiju Baawra". It has an unprecedented popularity, getting selected by over 98% voters, or in other words of all but one (the one voter who did not pick it anyway selected only 5 albums and rated Naushad as "OK"). The next score "Andaz" is full 19% point behind the first, still getting an impressive 79% selections. The third most popular album is "Mughal-e-Azam", losing to "Andaz" by just one vote, getting over 77% selections. 40s, 50s, and 60s share one spot each on top 3. See scores.
Thanks again to all participants for sending their entries. I hope everyone enjoyed it.
* Total movies included in the survey: 65
* Number of movies selected by at least one participant: 42 (65%)
* Movies seleted by...
* Number of movies selected from...
* Total points scored by movies from...
Decade-wise 1950s seem to be, not surprisingly, the most popular period. From 50s although only 11 Naushad movies were selected (less than those from 40s or 60s), their combined score was higher than movies from 40s or 60s, which means that they appeared in lists of more people.
* Top scorer movie was selected by: 52 (98%) participants
* Total additional individual songs submitted: ~144 by 26 participants
* Total participants: 53
* Overall rating of participants with respect to Naushad's music in general
* Number of movies selected by each participant
designed, created and maintained by vinay p jain. may 2006.